Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/07/2015 09:52 AM, dpopova@uvic.ca wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> I again wiped out everything postgres from my machine (Mac 10.10.2,
> Yosemite). Now, if I want to start installing postgres 9.3 anew, what is
> the best way to go for it?

Aah, you anticipated the post I just sent.

> I found PostgresApp, that promises the easiest way to start using
> postgres. Does it mean that if I install this PostgresApp for 9.3 (click
> on the link), it will install and run postgres 9.3?

Yes:

http://postgresapp.com/documentation/install.html

"To install Postgres.app, just drag it to your Applications folder and
double click.

On first launch, Postgres will initialise a new database cluster and
create a database for your username. A few moments after launching, you
should be able to click on "Open psql" to connect to the database.

If you'd like to use the command line tools delivered with Postgres.app,
see the section on Command Line Tools."

> Or I must first install postgres 9.3 by other means and only after that I
> can use PostgresApp for an easier access to postgres?

No.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com