Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
A new version of the patch is attached, which changes the following:

- Changed from using __int128_t to __int128.
- Actually compiles and runs code in configure to see that int128 works.
- No longer tests for __uint128_t.
- Updated pg_config.h.win32
- Renamed some things from int12 to int128, there are still some places
with int16 which I am not sure what to do with.

A remaining issue is what estimate we should pick for the size of the
aggregate state. This patch uses the size of the int128 version for the
estimate, but I have no strong opinions on which we should use.

--
Andreas Karlsson

Attachment