Re: LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Have you done x86 benchmarking?

> I think unless such benchmarking is done in the next 24h we need to move
> this patch to the next CF...

In theory, inlining the _impl function should lead to exactly the same
assembly code as before, on all non-PPC platforms.  Confirming that would
be a good substitute for benchmarking.

Having said that, I'm not sure this patch is solid enough to push in
right now, and would be happy with seeing it pushed to v11.