DROP PRIVILEGES OWNED BY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject DROP PRIVILEGES OWNED BY
Date
Re: DROP PRIVILEGES OWNED BY  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This week I had a problem where I wanted to drop only the privileges a
certain role had in the system, while keeping all the objects.  I
couldn't figure out a reasonable way to do that, so I've attached a
patch for this to this email.  Please consider it for inclusion into
9.5.  The syntax is:

   DROP PRIVILEGES OWNED BY role [, ...]

I at some point decided to implement it as a new command instead of
changing DropOwnedStmt, and I think that might have been a mistake.  It
might have made more sense to instead teach DROP OWNED to accept a
specification of which things to drop.  But the proposal is more
important than such details, I think.

.marko

Attachment