Re: Let's use libpq for everything - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Let's use libpq for everything
Date
Re: Let's use libpq for everything
List pgsql-odbc
On 11/28/2014 09:09 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 1:14 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Overall, I think this looks *very* good. I'm actually in favor of committing
>> this fairly soon, in the next week or so, so that the 09.04.0000 version
>> would use libpq-only code. Any objections?
> Not really, that's quite a lot of cleanup related to the socket handling!
>
> Here are some comments:
> 1) statement.c has a NOTUSED block with SOCK_get_int still used. I
> think you should simply remove it.
> 2) configure.ac, as well as the windows installers still have
> references to USE_LIBPQ, USE_GSS and USE_SSPI
> 3) There are traces of USE_SSPI in connection.c and dlg_wingui.c
> 4) There are some whitespaces (expected with such a large patch btw)

Thanks, fixed all of these.

> 5) In lobj.c, there are mentions of using lo_lseek64 and lo_tell64. I
> am not sure that this is a good thing at this state: those functions
> have been added in 9.3 and we still have many users with PG <= 9.2. It
> may be better to add a note about updating to those functions when the
> minimum support requirement is 9.3.

Well, it's just a comment.

> 6) I am getting many regression failures after applying this patch and
> running the tests on OSX, please see attached.

Attached is a new version [1], with a lot of small fixes here and there.
It passes all the regression tests for me. Can you try again with this
version? If it's still failing on OS X, will need to investigate.

[1] Also available at
https://github.com/hlinnaka/psqlodbc/tree/libpq-integration4.

- Heikki

Attachment