Re: Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working
Date
Re: Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working  (Dave Rosckes <dave.rosckes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On 12/03/2014 10:14 PM, Dave Rosckes wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Thanks for implementing the SSPI support for PgJDBC. When will the new
> PgJDBC be released?
>
> I have never used git before, so if there is a place I can download the
> jdbc jar with the SSPI support that would be great.  If that is not an
> option, I will look into setting up a git environment.

Dave,

(Please reply-to-all, so the mailing list sees the conversation for
others' benefit later, searches, etc.)

There's no set release date for the first 9.4.x driver at this point.
We'll likely release some time after PostgreSQL 9.4.0 goes final, when
time permits. Resources for PgJDBC driver development are unfortunately
extremely limited.

I can send you a .zip of the jar and dependencies if you don't want to
build with git. It'll just be a build of the latest git master head
produced with "ant dist", and it'll very much be a "no guarantees, no
promises" snapshot build. You'd need to tell me what JDBC version / JDK
version you need. I won't necessarily be able to follow up with new
builds if you need newer snapshots though, so I really recommend
learning to compile it yourself.

git is pretty friendly for the basics, and it's a tool I think every
developer should become familiar with. Perhaps now is a good
opportunity? All you need to build the driver is git (to check it out
from revision control) and ant (to build it), plus a JDK matching the
version you want.

msysgit offers a pretty nice GUI for basic git operations on Windows:

http://git-scm.com/download/win

http://msysgit.github.io/

and the README for the PgJDBC driver explains how to compile it. If you
have problems compiling it, please follow up on the PgJDBC mailing list.