Re: hstore, but with fast range comparisons? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: hstore, but with fast range comparisons?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/2014 3:46 PM, Guyren Howe wrote:
> I want to do something that is perfectly satisfied by an hstore column. *Except* that I want to be able to do fast
(ieindexed) <, > etc comparisons, not just equality.

>  From what I can tell, there isn’t really any way to get hstore to do this, so I’ll have to go to a key-value table.
ButI thought I’d ask just in case I’m missing something.

I think your missing something.

Is it one field in the hstore?  Did you try an expression index?

create index cars_mph on cars ( (data->'mph') );

thats a btree index, which should support < and >.  (Although I've never
tried it)

-Andy