Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vanasco
Subject Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, everyone!

For now this will be provisioning physical drive for a box -- and "everything" will be there for now.  So OS on one
drive,and DB on another.

I've run into programs before (mostly on Mac/Win) that are exceedingly not happy if they're run on a drive other than
theOS.

Since many people partition data and services under pg, I figured it would be okay -- but I couldn't find anything in
thedocs and wanted to check.