Re: tracking commit timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: tracking commit timestamps
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/1/14, 8:41 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Well this is not BDR specific thing, the idea is that with logical replication, commit timestamp is not enough for
conflicthandling, you also need to have additional info in order to identify some types of conflicts conflicts (local
updatevs remote update for example). So the extradata field was meant as something that could be used to add the
additionalinfo to the xid.

Related to this... is there any way to deal with 2 transactions that commit in the same microsecond? It seems silly to
tryand handle that for every commit since it should be quite rare, but perhaps we could store the LSN as extradata if
wedetect a conflict?