Re: BUG #11807: Postgresql server crashed when running transaction tests - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #11807: Postgresql server crashed when running transaction tests
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/28/2014 05:22 PM, bzhao@recognia.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      11807
> Logged by:          Bing Zhao
> Email address:      bzhao@recognia.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.9
> Operating system:   CentOS 5.6
>
> Recently our database component testing failed, we traced our source code
> which nothing changed. Dev reported it's working on their dev machine but
> failed in test environment. The only difference is postgresql server
> version, dev is running 9.2.8 and test is running 9.2.9.After I downgraded
> to 9.2.8 in test environment, the test suit works again. See logs and
> database configuration under.

Unfortunately there isn't any details in the logs that would help
tracking this down. Can you get a core dump, and from that a backtrace
using gdb?

What does the test program do? If you can narrow the test case down to a
small self-contained script and post that, that'd be great.

- Heikki