BUG #11807: Postgresql server crashed when running transaction tests - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From bzhao@recognia.com
Subject BUG #11807: Postgresql server crashed when running transaction tests
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11807
Logged by:          Bing Zhao
Email address:      bzhao@recognia.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.9
Operating system:   CentOS 5.6

Recently our database component testing failed, we traced our source code
which nothing changed. Dev reported it's working on their dev machine but
failed in test environment. The only difference is postgresql server
version, dev is running 9.2.8 and test is running 9.2.9.After I downgraded
to 9.2.8 in test environment, the test suit works again. See logs and
database configuration under.

Log:
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
[...]
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2014-10-28 10:57:41
EDT
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/867123F8
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/867768B8
LOG:  redo done at 0/86776878
LOG:  last completed transaction was at log time 2014-10-28
10:58:08.088209-04
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections

Conf:
listen_addresses = '*'
olap.rownum_name = 'default'
#log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0