Re: SQL:2011 application time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: SQL:2011 application time
Date
Re: SQL:2011 application time
List pgsql-hackers
On 07.08.24 22:54, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
> Here are some fixes based on outstanding feedback (some old some new).

I have studied your patches v39-0001 through v39-0004, which correspond
to what had been reverted plus the new empty range check plus various
minor fixes.  This looks good to me now, so I propose to go ahead with that.

Btw., in your 0003 you point out that this prevents using the WITHOUT
OVERLAPS functionality for non-range types.  But I think this could be
accomplished by adding an "is empty" callback as a support function or
something like that.  I'm not suggesting to do that here, but it might
be worth leaving a comment about that possibility.