Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 10/08/2014 02:47 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> Where is the claim about transactions being visible before crash-safety
> in his thesis? I didn't find it via a quick search of the pdf.

Page 75

"InnoDB holds a transaction’s locks until the point in transaction
commit just before the write-ahead log is flushed. In other words, locks
are released and changes become visible before log records are
guaranteed to be on stable storage"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com