Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Independent comparison of PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Michael Cahill <mjc@wiredtiger.com> wrote:

> I feel like I've waded into something here without all of the
> context, but Kevin is referring to some text in section 4.4 on
> page 63 of my thesis

Sorry for the distraction -- the original poster was asking for
references to differences between MySQL and PostgreSQL from sources
without any affiliation with either.  That paragraph of your thesis
came to mind.  (I've read it dozens of times.)

> I do not know whether this is still true of InnoDB today.

I meant to add that, but lost track before hitting send.  Thanks
for mentioning that.  As it happens, we now allow that behavior on
demand, but it is not the default or only behavior.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

P.S.  It was impressive how fast you picked up on the reference!