Re: pgsql: Check for GiST index tuples that don't fit on a page. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql: Check for GiST index tuples that don't fit on a page.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 10/4/14 12:59 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We don't have portable support for %zu formats until 9.4.  The
>> backpatches to 9.3 and earlier need to use %lu.
> Good point --- and something that seems like it'll be an ongoing gotcha.
> Have we got any buildfarm critters that could be configured to throw
> errors about this?
If this change had contained a test, it would have caught it.

Alternatively, we'd need to catch compiler warnings on the build farm,
but if the installation is too old to recognize %zu, who knows what else
it'll warn (or not warn) about.  Eventually, users of such systems tend
point these things out, but that could take a while.