Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 9/18/20 10:39 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I intentionally let that happen, figuring that it'd be good to get some
>> buildfarm cycles on the new code in pg_upgrade that does this check.
>> But now we have to think about updating the test.  I think the best
>> bet is just to add some DROP OPERATOR commands to the existing
>> cleanup logic in TestUpgradeXversion.pm.  It looks like this would
>> do the trick:
>>
>> drop operator #@# (bigint,NONE);
>> drop operator #%# (bigint,NONE);
>> drop operator !=- (bigint,NONE);
>> drop operator #@%# (bigint,NONE);

> Almost. I had to remove one more operator.

Hmm, that's not a postfix operator ... oh, it's because it depends on the
numeric_fac function alias which we also removed.  We could eliminate
the need to drop it if we changed the definition to use "factorial"
instead of "numeric_fac" in all the back branches.  Not sure if that's
a better solution or not.  Might be worth doing, because in the older
branches that's the only user-defined prefix operator, so we're missing
some pg_upgrade test coverage if we just drop it.