Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date
Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/28/14 9:01 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> I found this issue when trying per-pg_user (role) loading of
> auto_analyze and some tweaking tool. It is not necessarily set by
> the user by own, but the function to decide whether to load some
> module by the session-user would be usable, at least, as for me:)

I think we could just set local_preload_libraries to PGC_USERSET and
document that subsequent changes won't take effect.  That's the same way
session_preload_libraries works.  That would avoid inventing another
very specialized GUC context.

If you're interested in improving this area, I also suggest you read the
thread of
<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1349829917.29682.5.camel@vanquo.pezone.net>.