Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/28/2014 09:14 PM, Yogesh. Sharma wrote:
> Dear David,
>
>> Are you currently using PostgreSQL?
> Currently we are using PostgreSQL 8.1.18 version on RHEL 5.8.
> Now we plan to update this to PostgreSQL 9.0 version with  RHEL6.5. As in verion 9.0 I found least Compatibilities.

So what are the things you are concerned about?

> So, please guide me.

If you are going from 8.1 to any supported version you will be dealing
with the type casting changes introduced in 8.3

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/release-8-3.html

E.97.2.1. General

     Non-character data types are no longer automatically cast to TEXT
(Peter, Tom)

I would spend some time testing that.

--
Adrian Klaver