Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yogesh. Sharma
Subject Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5
Date
Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dear David,

> Are you currently using PostgreSQL?
Currently we are using PostgreSQL 8.1.18 version on RHEL 5.8.
Now we plan to update this to PostgreSQL 9.0 version with  RHEL6.5. As in verion 9.0 I found least Compatibilities.

So, please guide me.

Regards,
Yogesh

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of David G Johnston
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 9:22 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Help related to Postgresql for RHEL 6.5

Yogesh. Sharma wrote
> Compatibility issues  of 9.3 are more.
> So, please guide which version is suitable.

Compatibility as in the multixact issues or does your software not work with
9.3 changes?

What about "any supported version" and the provided link is unclear?

There is no way for us to evaluate suitability for your specific need unless you provide lots more info.  If 9.3 scares
youoff then use 9.2

Are you currently using PostgreSQL?

If you are referring to distro-supported versions (which Debian uses in my
case) you should make that requirement specific.  The PostgreSQL community feels all their officially supported
releasesare stable.

David J.

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NEC or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .