Re: Pass where clause to a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Pass where clause to a function
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/13/2014 10:59 PM, Andrew Bartley wrote:
I need this because it is a customer requirement.  The underlying tables the api will query are dynamically created, they are period/content partitioned and distributed across multiple servers and database types... not just postgres.  The api/function will determine what servers/databases/tables (some of them are foreign tables) to query based on the parameters passed to the api.  The customer wants to use their current reporting tool that does not support function selects.

I don't know how you would pass those expression fragments to a view to be passed to the function, however.

what you describe above (and in the rest of your post) sounds very convoluted, and rather prone to poor performance.