Re: pgbouncer not finding pidfile - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tobias Fielitz
Subject Re: pgbouncer not finding pidfile
Date
List pgsql-general
I have played around with it a bit more, it seems adding the pre-start
section works:

pre-start script
     if [ -d /var/run/postgresql ]; then
         chmod 2775 /var/run/postgresql
     else
         install -d -m 2775 -o postgres -g postgres /var/run/postgresql
     fi
end script

Thanks Adrian!

On 31/07/2014 12:38 am, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 07/28/2014 09:33 PM, Tobias Fielitz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to start pgbouncer via upstart script. The upstart logs
>> (/var/log/upstart/pgbouncer.log) tell me:
>> /var/run/postgresql/pgbouncer.pid: No such file or directory [2]
>>
>> but when starting pgbouncer from the console with:
>>
>>  > sudo service pgbouncer start
>>
>> it works fine and the pidfile is created.
>>
>> Here is the upstart script (/etc/init/pgbouncer.conf):
>>
>> start on (net-device-up and local-filesystems and runlevel [2345])
>> stop on runlevel [016]
>>
>> setuid postgres
>> setgid postgres
>> respawn limit 10 30
>>
>> exec /usr/sbin/pgbouncer /etc/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.ini
>>
>> The permissions for the folder seem ok:
>>
>>  > ls -lsah /var/run/ | grep postgresql
>> 0 drwxrwsr-x  2 postgres   postgres    100 Jul 29 04:18 postgresql
>>
>> I have no clue whats wrong.
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I am not familiar with upstart, so I searched for some sample scripts:
>
> http://bradleyayers.blogspot.com/2011/10/upstart-job-for-postgresql-91-on-ubuntu.html
>

> https://gist.github.com/haad/6020401
>

> Hopefully, that will give you some pointers.
>
>> Tobi

Attachment