Re: pgbouncer not finding pidfile - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgbouncer not finding pidfile
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/28/2014 09:33 PM, Tobias Fielitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to start pgbouncer via upstart script. The upstart logs
> (/var/log/upstart/pgbouncer.log) tell me:
> /var/run/postgresql/pgbouncer.pid: No such file or directory [2]
>
> but when starting pgbouncer from the console with:
>
>  > sudo service pgbouncer start
>
> it works fine and the pidfile is created.
>
> Here is the upstart script (/etc/init/pgbouncer.conf):
>
> start on (net-device-up and local-filesystems and runlevel [2345])
> stop on runlevel [016]
>
> setuid postgres
> setgid postgres
> respawn limit 10 30
>
> exec /usr/sbin/pgbouncer /etc/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.ini
>
> The permissions for the folder seem ok:
>
>  > ls -lsah /var/run/ | grep postgresql
> 0 drwxrwsr-x  2 postgres   postgres    100 Jul 29 04:18 postgresql
>
> I have no clue whats wrong.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with upstart, so I searched for some sample scripts:

http://bradleyayers.blogspot.com/2011/10/upstart-job-for-postgresql-91-on-ubuntu.html

https://gist.github.com/haad/6020401

Hopefully, that will give you some pointers.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com