Re: tweaking NTUP_PER_BUCKET - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: tweaking NTUP_PER_BUCKET
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13.7.2014 12:27, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 12 July 2014 12:43, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
>
>>> So lets just this change done and then do more later.
>>
>> There's no way back, sadly. The dense allocation turned into a
>> challenge. I like challenges. I have to solve it or I won't be able
>> to sleep.
>
> I admire your tenacity, but how about we solve the first challenge
> first and the second one second?

Yeah, I know. However the two patches deal with the same part of the
code, so it feels natural to work on both at the same time. And I
already had a solution in my head, and "only" needed to code it.

Also, I think the question of allocated memory / memory pressure is
important, and I'd like to avoid "this will be solved by the other
patch" only to find out that the other patch does not work.

regards
Tomas