Re: Protocol de-synchronisation bug, bogus query sent - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Protocol de-synchronisation bug, bogus query sent
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/20/2014 08:29 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 06/19/2014 08:08 PM, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>> (2014/06/19 11:47), Craig Ringer wrote:

>>> The attached patch fixes this.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> I would also check the source of this trouble.
>
> Huh?
>
> That _is_ the source of this trouble. Some code that runs during
> connection setup, before the server version is available, tries to use
> the version obtained from the server instead of the protocol version
> requested in the conninfo.

Just to clarify, only the 0002 patch is required. My branch at:

https://github.com/ringerc/psqlodbc/tree/fix-febe-protocol-desync-emptyquery

only contains the second patch. I've attached a revised version that
should make that clearer.

Please apply / pull.

Attachment