Re: Protocol de-synchronisation bug, bogus query sent - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Protocol de-synchronisation bug, bogus query sent
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/19/2014 08:08 PM, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> (2014/06/19 11:47), Craig Ringer wrote:
>> On 06/19/2014 12:56 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>>
>>> and we're attempting to use the version obtained from the server before
>>> we have it, instead of the conninfo-specified version to use for
>>> protocol selection purposes.
>>
>> The attached patch fixes this.
>
> Thanks.
> I would also check the source of this trouble.

Huh?

That _is_ the source of this trouble. Some code that runs during
connection setup, before the server version is available, tries to use
the version obtained from the server instead of the protocol version
requested in the conninfo.