Re: Docs and examples deleted from package - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Docs and examples deleted from package
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum

On 06/18/2014 09:50 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Can you please give me one of the file names that should not be
> deleted?

The subtree usually installed as:

share/doc/postgresql/extension

so

share/doc/postgresql/extension/timetravel.example
share/doc/postgresql/extension/autoinc.example
share/doc/postgresql/extension/insert_username.example
share/doc/postgresql/extension/refint.example
share/doc/postgresql/extension/moddatetime.example

so I've appended the following to the %files contrib stanza:

%doc %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension/autoinc.example
%doc %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension/insert_username.example
%doc %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension/moddatetime.example
%doc %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension/refint.example
%doc %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension/timetravel.example

and made the following change in %build:

- -rm -rf %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/pgsql
+mv %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/pgsql/extension
%{buildroot}%{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension
+# use rmdir so we fail if the docs dir is non-empty after we move
everything out
+rmdir %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/pgsql

My only reason for listing the files separately was that I wanted to
package another extension that's built as part of the main tree as a
separate extension. Once I fix that, I'd just be adding:

%docdir %{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension
%{pgbaseinstdir}/share/doc/extension

and that's all that it makes sense to do in PGDG.

> Also, can you please look at -docs subpackage?

They're not packaged there; as noted above, they get deleted from the
build.

- --