Re: Docs and examples deleted from package - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Docs and examples deleted from package
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:53 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> The spec file seems to delete the docs, except for the HTML files,
> entirely.
>
> Any idea why?
>
> rm -rf %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/pgsql

See the lines prior to that. The directory that we remove is something
that is not used in PGDG RPMs -- since we have multiple version feature,
so we move docs under /usr/share/doc/postgresql94-docs (or whatever the
version is) directory.

I am not saying that we are deleting too much:

> I think it's an oversight, where the "important" docs were supposed to
> be moved out of there. However, it removes all the extension docs and
> sample files.
>
> So it looks like %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/pgsql/extension should be
> rescued before this gets done.

Can you please give me one of the file names that should not be deleted?
Also, can you please look at -docs subpackage?

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Attachment