Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: wrapping in extended mode doesn't work well with default pager
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/8/14, 11:29 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
> The patch did not restore 9.3 behavior for that one.  Starting with commit
> 6513633, the first line of letters is space-padded on the right to the width
> of the second line of letters.  To illustrate, I have attached raw psql output
> from both commit 6513633 and its predecessor.  Also note that
> psql-wrapped-expanded-fix-v4.patch expands each [ RECORD x ] header from 509
> bytes to 511 bytes; 509 is the longstanding width.

I noticed that (or perhaps a related) problem today.  Here is a simple demo:

psql -X -q -t -x -c 'select * from (values (1),(2)) as _ (col)'

9.3:

col | 1
----+--
col | 2

9.4:
col | 1

This breaks check_postgres.  (Why check_postgres doesn't use unaligned
output is beyond me.)