Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/02 20:54), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 06/02/2014 02:35 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
>> Official Windows build no longer uses nmake.
>> The binaries are built using MSBuild.
>> Please look at readme_winbuild.txt or winbuild/readme.txt.
>
> Huh? Really?
>
> Why did we switch? What's the advantage of MSBuild over nmake?

For example, MSBuild can switch the environment (Platform,
VisualStudioVersion or platformToolset) easily. In fact
BuildAll.ps1(bat) builds both 32bit and 64bit drivers.
Or MSBuild can detect the changes of related files (e.g.
header files).

IMHO nmake is needed only for vc9 or before.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue