Re: BUG #10432: failed to re-find parent key in index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #10432: failed to re-find parent key in index
Date
Re: BUG #10432: failed to re-find parent key in index  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 05/23/2014 08:52 PM, m.sakrejda@gmail.com wrote:
> I just got the error `failed to re-find parent key in index "1665279" for
> split pages 175193/193740`. From the list archives [1], it looks like
> there's no easy recovery, but this happened on a replica right after the
> recovery trigger file was touched and recovery completed, so that's not a
> huge concern (unless it also happens to the next replica). Is there
> something to be learned from the failed cluster?

I would be interested in seeing the structure of the index, if there is
anything else corrupt in there. Also, what WAL actions led to the error?
Try something like:

  pg_xlogdump -r btree  -p $PGDATA -s 339/65000000 | grep 1665279

and search that for any records related to the failed split, e.g.
grepping further for the block numbers in the error message.

- Heikki