./configure failure under Mageia 4 x86_64 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Graeme
Subject ./configure failure under Mageia 4 x86_64
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I have a virtual installation of Mageia 4 on a different box, into which
I have installed Postgresql 9.3.4 (./configure, make, make install). I
preceded these operations with
#urpmi readline readline-devel
because I know Postgresql needs them for convenient operation.
However, repeating these operations on this, real, Mageia 4
installation, ./configure fails, with the following lines in config.log:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libreadline.so when
searching for -lreadline
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libreadline.a when
searching for -lreadline
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lreadline

There are differences between the outputs of urpmq --list-url for the
virtual and real machines, but the output of
urpmq --sources lib64readline..etc
is the same on both. namely
# urpmq --sources lib64readline6-6.2-9.mga4.x86_64

rsync://www.mirrorservice.org/mageia.org/pub/mageia/distrib/4/x86_64/media/core/release/lib64readline6-6.2-9.mga4.x86_64.rpm

Can anyone help to throw some light on this problem?
Thanks