Re: BUG #9635: Wal sender process is using 100% CPU - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #9635: Wal sender process is using 100% CPU
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 05/05/2014 10:37 PM, Jamie Koceniak wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> I performed an strace on one of the pids that was consuming 100% of the cpu.
> This is just a portion of the log.
> I also trimmed out some data provided in the quotes in the read and sends, not sure if you need it.
> A majority of the calls in the trace log were recvfrom() and sendto().
> EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) came up time and time again.
>
> # strace log during 100% cpu utilization on the master

Hmm, that trace looks normal to me. It doesn't look like it's
busy-looping, as I would expect if it's using 100% of the CPU.

Can you post the full log, or at least a larger chunk? I don't need the
data in the quotes from read() and sends() that you removed, but I would
like to see the trace from a longer period of time to see what the
pattern is.

- Heikki