Re: Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> wayneh <wayneh@mirthcorp.com> writes:
> > How safe would it be if we took the 9.3.4 source code and just applied the
> > patch above. Like Nick said, we aren't aware of exactly what this patch does
> > and whether there are any commit dependencies it relies on.
>
> It should be pretty safe -- the patch looks self-contained to me, and
> there are no other significant changes in those files since 9.3.4.
> Alvaro might have a different opinion though.

No, I agree with that assessment.

> If you're concerned about running a build that doesn't correspond to
> anything that's been tested anywhere, then an alternative would be
> to grab the REL9_3_STABLE branch tip from our git repository, or
> perhaps the state of the tree as it stood at commit c0bd128c8.
> This would just be pulling in some other patches that will also be in
> 9.3.5.

There's also the nightly snapshots,
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/9.3
which are pretty much equivalent to the release tarballs in that they
don't require you to have bison, flex and other development tools.