Re: Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
wayneh <wayneh@mirthcorp.com> writes:
> How safe would it be if we took the 9.3.4 source code and just applied the
> patch above. Like Nick said, we aren't aware of exactly what this patch does
> and whether there are any commit dependencies it relies on.

It should be pretty safe -- the patch looks self-contained to me, and
there are no other significant changes in those files since 9.3.4.
Alvaro might have a different opinion though.

If you're concerned about running a build that doesn't correspond to
anything that's been tested anywhere, then an alternative would be
to grab the REL9_3_STABLE branch tip from our git repository, or
perhaps the state of the tree as it stood at commit c0bd128c8.
This would just be pulling in some other patches that will also be in
9.3.5.

            regards, tom lane