Re: Debug strategy for musl Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Debug strategy for musl Postgres?
Date
Re: Debug strategy for musl Postgres?  (John Mudd <johnbmudd@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 13-04-2014 00:40, John Mudd wrote:
> I built Postgres 9.3.4 from source on top of the musl C library,
> http://www.musl-libc.org/
> I also built zlib, bzip2, ncurses, openssl, readline and Python using musl
> as a foundation for Postgres.

This is not a bug. This kind of discussion belongs to -hackers.

While reading this email, I give musl a try. I'm using Debian jessie
which contains musl 1.0.0. I compiled the source (git master) using
CC="musl-gcc" and disabled zlib and readline. It passed all regression
tests. I also tried a pgbench which ran like a charm. (After installed
the binaries I had to set the libray path for musl in
/etc/ld-musl-x86_64.d.)

> I'm using musl to increase the portability of the Postgres binary. I build
> on Ubuntu 13.10 but will runs on older Linux boxes.

Could you give details about your architecture?

> For my next step I'll try building musl Postgres with the --enable-cassert
> option. What else can I do to debug this?

Is postgres running and listening 5432? Did you try another binaries
(eg. psql) or even postgres in single mode?

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/