25P02 on connection.rollback(savePoint) - ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Saravana Kumar
Subject 25P02 on connection.rollback(savePoint) - ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
Date
Responses Re: 25P02 on connection.rollback(savePoint) - ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

We are currently using Oracle at this time and we are extending postgres support for our application.  In few parts of application, when an unique constraint violation occurs, we ignore and move on (per design) and in that scenario, I am running into 25P02 error on statement subsequent to unique constraint violation.

I read the postgres archives and as suggested I tried adding a savepoint before the statement which might possible throw unique constraint violation and on exception I am doing rollback(savePoint).

Unfortunately I can running into the same exception on 25P02 on executing rollback(savePoint).

I have included the sample code for reference.  Am I missing something, or do I need to change any setting with postgres database ?  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Saravana Telapolu

Attachment