Re: SQLJSON - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Steven Schlansker
Subject Re: SQLJSON
Date
Re: SQLJSON  ("Markus KARG" <markus@headcrashing.eu>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Jun 30, 2015, at 10:25 AM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8Kdata.com> wrote:

>    Thanks for asking for the double-check. No, indeed I'm still asking to provide the class files for the API in the
package.I feel that's the right way, and I don't see it would create conflicts unless JSR353 would create a new
version,something which I believe extremely unlikely until it merges with Java10 or JDBC5 comes out, point at which we
wouldneed to change things anyway.

I do not believe this is as unlikely as you think.  For example, the javax.ws.rs JAX-RS spec has 22 different versions
availableon Maven Central.  Granted, many of these are milestone builds and not releases, but there are already two
majorversions, a patch available and a new minor version coming through the pipes.

So assuming these spec jars will not change is provably false.  One of my fears is that if PG bundles JSR353 1.0, and I
needJSR353 1.0.1, I now need to fight the driver packaging to upgrade a theoretically unrelated package.

>    However, I don't want to insist more or suck more dev bandwitch, that's my opinion and it's been stated more times
thanI wish, so I would now leave the decision to the rest of you :)