Re: Confusing conflicts between OpenJPA and Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Confusing conflicts between OpenJPA and Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/24/2014 07:05 AM, Vito wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm recently doing some research with Apache ODE engine. I use
> Postgresql as its external database, openjpa as its ORM solution and
> bitronix as its transaction manager. The ODE workflow engine starts
> without any problem. But when I deploy process definition files into the
> engine, the exception came out. I paste the error content at the end of
> this email.
> I looked through the source code of
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DecoratingDataSource, and found that openjpa
> is almost definitely to meant to invoke the function of reseting
> transaction isolation level, which would be catched by Postgresql and
> return with an exception.
> Does that mean openjpa works poorly with Postgresql? Or who can tell me
> how to solve this problem.

Well it seems supported and what you report is not a known issue:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/openjpa/2.2.x/docbook/manual/main.html

A quick scan through the documentation showed a lot of different
transaction management going on. Seems a answer would probably be found
faster on the openjpa list:

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/OpenJPA-Users-f208411.html

--
Adrian Klaver