getting 'order by' working with unicode locale? ICU? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Palle Girgensohn
Subject getting 'order by' working with unicode locale? ICU?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I'm using Postgresql on FreeBSD, and would like to get "order by" to work
with unicode. The OS does have collation implemented for unicode (UTF-8)
locales. Some freebsd people point me towards IBM:s ICU kit.

How much effort would be required to get postgresql to sort properly,
mainly using the sv_SE.UTF-8 locale (so the problem is not *that* hard, I
don't need to sort Chinese [yet] :). What needs to be done to get
postgresql to use ICU (or some other working mechanism?)

Thanks,
Palle