Re: strange regression failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: strange regression failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> writes:
>

>>On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 05:20:28PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>>>Our emails just crossed. You got it. I will have buildfarm force SQL_ASCII.
>>>

>>But then you will lose reports using other encodings ...
>>

>"make check" forces C locale anyway.  It's only the installed server
>used by the contrib tests that could be affected.

Yes, quite so. The tiny change has gone into buildfarm's CVS.

Alvaro does have a point, though - there are many things we don't test
that possibly we should - including locale and encoding differences. A
better testing regime for the PLs is another thing that springs to mind.

Also, currently buildfarm just runs postgres' own test suites. I'm not
averse to supporting a more extensive test suite just for farm members,
if people think that's a good idea.

just some blue sky ideas

cheers

andrew