Re: WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented
Date
Re: WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-general
Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna@aol.com> writes:
> A CREATE DATABASE statement spewed out
> WARNING:  could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented

Hmm, that's probably ENOSYS coming back from sync_file_range().
What filesystem is this database sitting on?

It's harmless from a correctness standpoint, because we'll fsync
the data later anyway; but it seems bad that we've selected
sync_file_range() if it doesn't actually work on your platform.

> A simple search tells that this is an old problem and my Windows has necessary WSL and other subsystem for this error
tonot show up.

If this is on Ubuntu, I don't understand why you're talking
about Windows.

            regards, tom lane