Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm()
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On 2023-06-29 Th 18:41, Tom Lane wrote:
On 2023-06-29 Th 15:25, Tom Lane wrote:
Maybe we should bite the bullet and provide
invalidation based on a pg_type inval callback.
Yeah, Robert has just convinced me, so I'll do it like that. It doesn't
look too hard.
Oh, I have a better idea.  We're only going to need all this for
pass-by-ref types, right?

Yes, the value we get back for byval types isn't a pointer that might disappear.

Why not make the hash key be the value
itself?  Wrap it in a bytea perhaps to avoid needing a bespoke
hash function.

Not sure I understand.

cheers

andrew