Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17994: Invalidating relcache corrupts tupDesc inside ExecEvalFieldStoreDeForm()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2023-06-29 Th 15:25, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe we should bite the bullet and provide
>> invalidation based on a pg_type inval callback.

> Yeah, Robert has just convinced me, so I'll do it like that. It doesn't
> look too hard.

Oh, I have a better idea.  We're only going to need all this for
pass-by-ref types, right?  Why not make the hash key be the value
itself?  Wrap it in a bytea perhaps to avoid needing a bespoke
hash function.

            regards, tom lane