Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/25/2014 08:54 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> That's called a "straw man argument", Robert.
> Me: We should recommend that people use jsonb unless they have a
> specific reason for using json.
We could also make the opposite argument - people use json unless they
have a specific reason for using jsonb.

btw, there is one more thing about JSON which I recently learned - a lot of
JavaScript people actually expect the JSON binary form to retain field order

It is not in any specs, but nevertheless all major imlementations do it and
some code depends on it.
IIRC, this behaviour is currently also met only by json and not by jsonb.

> Merlin: We should present them side-by-side with a complex comparison.
> Robert: Josh wants to junk all relational data and use only jsonb! I
> mean, really, WTF?

Cheers

--
Hannu Krosing