Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/25/2014 10:50 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> On 02/25/2014 10:31 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> And I definitely don't
>>> agree that our documentation should push people towards stuffing
>>> everything in a JSON blob instead of using real column definitions.
>>
>> ????
>>
>> Where did you get this out of my doc patch?
>
> Way to quote what I said out of context.

Way to put words in my mouth.

> But to make a long story short, I get that from the fact that you want
> to railroad everyone into using jsonb.

That's called a "straw man argument", Robert.

Me: We should recommend that people use jsonb unless they have a
specific reason for using json.

Merlin: We should present them side-by-side with a complex comparison.

Robert: Josh wants to junk all relational data and use only jsonb!

I mean, really, WTF?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.