Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/25/2014 10:54 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 02/25/2014 10:50 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>>
>>> ????
>>>
>>> Where did you get this out of my doc patch?
>>
>> Way to quote what I said out of context.
>
> Way to put words in my mouth.
>
>> But to make a long story short, I get that from the fact that you want
>> to railroad everyone into using jsonb.
>
> That's called a "straw man argument", Robert.
>
> Me: We should recommend that people use jsonb unless they have a
> specific reason for using json.
>
> Merlin: We should present them side-by-side with a complex comparison.
From the cheap seats.

To me the whole hstore/json/jsonb family is a WIP and any enlightenment
in the form of comparisons would be greatly appreciated by me and other
end users I would suspect.

> Robert: Josh wants to junk all relational data and use only jsonb!
>
> I mean, really, WTF?

Seems to be a hot topic all the way around. I am neck deep in learning
Web development and am coming to grips with the role of JSON in that world.