Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/12/14, 4:30 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> There are cases where one module needs symbols from another directly.
>> Would that be affected by this?
>
> I don't think we have real infrastructure for that yet. Neither from the POV of loading several .so's, nor from a
symbolvisibility. Afaics we'd need a working definition of PGDLLIMPORT which inverts the declspecs. I think Tom just
removedthe remnants of that.

It works reasonably well on other platforms.

Of course, we can barely build extension modules on Windows, so maybe
this is a bit much to ask.  But as long as we're dealing only with
functions, not variables, it should work without any dllimport dances,
right?