Re: roles inheriting configuration values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: roles inheriting configuration values
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/07/2014 11:08 AM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> I'd like to have join_collapse_limit=20 for all users that belong to a
> certain group. Is there a way to do that without having to alter all the
> roles that are in that group?

 From what I see in the docs no:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-alterrole.html

"Whenever the role subsequently starts a new session, the specified
value becomes the session default, overriding whatever setting is
present in postgresql.conf or has been received from the postgres
command line. This only happens at login time; executing SET ROLE or SET
SESSION AUTHORIZATION does not cause new configuration values to be set. "

Looks like the settings only apply to the role that logs in.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com