Re: [bug fix] "pg_ctl stop" times out when it should respond quickly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [bug fix] "pg_ctl stop" times out when it should respond quickly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/5/13, 7:07 AM, MauMau wrote:
> From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> If you're going to do a postmaster_is_alive check, why bother with
>> repeated get_pgpid()?
>
> As I said yesterday, I removed get_pgpid() calls.  I'll add this patch
> to 2014-1 commitfest this weekend if it is not committed until then.

This patch breaks the regression tests:
    xml                      ... ok
test stats                    ... ok
============== shutting down postmaster               ==============
<waits a long time>
pg_ctl: server does not shut down

pg_regress: could not stop postmaster: exit code was 256