Re: Unix domain socket inconsistency - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Unix domain socket inconsistency
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/22/2013 5:21 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
> Hmm... now this is odd.  I went to correct the PATH information in my
> .bashrc script file (to remove the superfluous trailing
> forward-slash), and when running both psql and pgbench in a new
> terminal, all is fine:

fyi, I was going to suggest ther'es more than one libpq.so on your
system, and for whatever reason the failing program was loading the
wrong one.

this VERY frequently happens on mac OSX systems, as OSX provides a
libpq.so which doesn't use the same socket path as most of the OSX
postgres server distributions.